Since Friday, 6th November 2022 , hundreds of thousands if not millions of South Africans aged 18+ to 59 are trying to apply for the reinstated SRD R350 Grant.
So far the application process has been very hectic and challenging although there are some breakthroughs.
Below we find the best way to get your SASSA SRD R350 grant application done. In the coming months starting from April 2023, the SRD R350 will be extended.
It has to be noted that, SASSA initially gave about three or four ways (channels) one can use to apply but when the application process started, few were actually working right.
That put a lot of pressure on the server making the application process very slow and in most cases downturns.
Having seen the challenges and confusion, SASSA added other channels on board to help enhance the application procedure.
How to APPLY SASSA SRD R350 GRANT USING THE WEBSITE
Follow these steps
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Open any internet browser of choice
- Enter this address https://srd.sassa.gov.za into the address bar. You can likewise click on the link above (blue link)
- A screen prompts will ask for the cell phone number you intend to use to apply.
- An OTP (one time pin six digit code ) will be sent to the number and be asked to verify. Enter the six digits code and click on verify PIN.
- In the next stage, agree to the terms and conditions of of consent.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of after reading through
- Submit personal information such as :
- ID Number
- Full Name and Surname as exactly captured in the ID documents
- Disability (if any)
- Address etc
- Submission of Bank Account information or Choosing A payment option.
- Applicants with Bank Account :
- Provide the name of the Bank
- Bank account number
- Branch of the bank
- Bank Account Type.
- Agree to The terms and Conditions
- Click on the Submit button
- Applicants Without Bank Account :
- Choose Cash Send or to be contacted for account opening. Note that Cash send account must be registered in the applicant’s name.
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Submit your application
- You will then received an SMS notification for a successful submission.
Note that Moya App is good to apply just as discussed above. The only difference is that Moya app does not require data, it is a data free service.
The third channel you can use to apply is the gov chat system.
Click on this blue link to view the full description https://govchat.app and follow the screen prompts.
Please note that it might take you a few hours before you can receive notification for bank account submission.
The other channel which is not very common is the SASSA SRD R350 Chat Bot.
This web base app helps you to create a account by submitting your ID number and the phone number. And follow the bots instructions to submit your application.
- Go to https://sassa.gov.za
- Make sure you do it on PC for convenience.
- The chat will ask a series of questions bit first just send “Hi”
- You will be sent a code to verify your phone.
For the other channels such as the USSD code (*134*7737#) which is currently not functioning as well as the WhatsApp (0820468553).
SASSA has promised to bring on board another USSD code probably next week to augment the application process and moreover many people are using non-smart phones or phones with good internet connection.
if you need any assistance , just leave a comment at the comment section and we will attend to you.