As mentioned in the Minister of Department of Social Development speech with regards to the possible channels of application, WhatsApp was one of the ways to apply for the SRD R350 Grant. SASSA SRD R350 Grant Using WhatsApp
SASSA has advised that applicants should not submit multiple applications. What that means is that if you decide to use WhatsApp to apply, use that one alone. However if you wanna use USSD code to apply, stick to it as well as the website.
Below you find the steps to follow to apply for the reinstated SRD R350 Grant using the WhatsApp Channel. SASSA SRD R350 Grant Using WhatsApp
- Save the WhatsApp number : 0820468553 with any name of your choice on your smartphone. You can use “SASSA” OR “SRD”
- Now launch the WhatsApp application and search for the name used to save it.
- When located, send the word “SASSA” to the number, just as we can send any message to anyone on WhatsApp.
- The automated system will respond and ask you a series of questions. You have answer them correctly, sometimes you may have to choose a number corresponding to a query.
- As you are entering, you will be asked to enter some bio data details such as your name, Surname, ID number, Gender, residential address etc.
- Make sure you enter the names and the numbers exactly as they appear on the documents.
- When it comes to bank account, please provide them with a functioning bank account and the account must bear your official name.
- You will receive a One-Time-Pin (OTP) code which later be used to check status
- You will be presented with a forms to continue the application online. The reference number of the forms will be used.