Covid-19 r350 grant application – Introduction
Are you yet to apply for the Covid-19 R350 social relief of distress (SRD) R350 grant?
The Covid-19 social relief of distress grant as the name goes was part of an effort of the South African president to help mitigate the damming effect of the global virus on the economy of the country.
It came in as live saver as the virus wrecks havoc on the livelihood of the masses.
Most people lost their job skyrocketing the unemployment rate in the country beyond 30%.
Latest information indicates that, the grant which was supposed to end in March 2023 has been extended for one more year till March 2024.
How to Apply for the Covid-19 R350 Grant
As at the time of filing this report, about 12.9 million applications have been submitted as reported by SASSA which was revealed in this Facebook post
To start with the application, you only need few information at hand some of which are:
- Names and Surname and ID number
- Employment and Educational history
- Residential Address
- Contact Details
- Go to the official SRD R350 application website https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/application/auth
- Enter your cell phone number you want to use to apply.
- Click on the send button and, yiu will receive a six digit OTP code on the cell phone number just entered. Then submit
- You will be asked enter your ID number and at each stage make sure to provide the information requested correctly.
- At some point, you will be asked to choose how you want to be paid, three options available thus Post Office, Cash Send or Ewallet and one’s personal bank account.
- Whichever you choose, you enter the required details and submit.
- After submission, a confirmation SMS will be received indicating successful submission of the application.
- The website alone is not the only way to register, you can also use WhatsApp on the number: 0820468553 which is discussed in details here.
- Another platform that was brought on board to help is the GovChat website which is also discussed extensively here.
- Application submitted goes through a series of verification process after which, if found OK, approved or otherwise declined.
- If declined, you can submit appeal through the reconsideration depending on the issue raised for the decline.
- Some reasons for the decline are : alternative income source Identified, uif registered, identity verification failed, nsfas registered etc.
Latest News Updates
- SASSA Announces Payment Dates for August 2023 SRD R350 Grant
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: ASSET Management 2023
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND SUPPLY CHAIN Management 2023