On the 25th of the month July 2021, the president of South Africa announced the reinstatement of the SASSA SRD R350 grant which was expired in April 2021.
Here you are provided with how to apply (application process), of the unemployment grant SASSA SRD R350 grant, the criteria used for qualification.
Qualification Criteria /Requirements for the SRD R350 Grant
For one to qualify for this reinstated SRD R350 Grant, the person must meet the following criteria or requirements. The applicant
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Permanent Resident, Refugee registered with Home Affairs office
- Asylum seekers currently holding visas were valid as at 15th March 2020
- Must be permanently residing within the walls of South Africa.
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 60, thus older (more) than 18 years but younger (less) than 60 years old.
- Must be unemployed or not employed
- Must not be receiving any other grants for himself or herself.
- Must be receiving unemployment benefits (unemployment Insurance Fund #UIF) or do not qualify to receive uif either.
- Not currently receiving stipend from NSFAS OR other forms of aid.
- Must not be receiving other Covid 19 support assistance.
- Caregivers who are not employed and not receiving any grant for themselves can also apply.
- Must not be receiving any income whatsoever from any other source.
Documents/ Information Needed To apply For SASSA SRD R350 Grant
Find below the required documents or information needed for the application of the reinstated SRD R350 Grant.
- Identity Number or Home Affairs refugee permit number
- Name and Surname as exactly captured in the ID documents
- Gender (Male or Female)
- Disability Conditions if any
- Contact Details ~ Cell phone numbers. Use active and functional cell phone for SMS notifications
- Residential Address
- Those who intend to receive their payments through banks should submit their bank account. NB: ~ Make sure the bank account is in your name not anyone else.
How To Apply SRD R350 Grant
Depending on the channel of application one decides to use the information will still be entered. Although wish most applicants will use the online website to apply rather than the USSD or the WhatsApp. Reasons are that, last year those who used WhatsApp and USSD had difficulties in trying to check their status.
- Application Channels are as follows
Payments for SRD R350 Grant
After successfully submitting your application information, SASSA will cross check with many government agencies to verify the identity of the applicant in connection with the submitted data and after that if the person meets the criteria, he or she is approved.
Date of payment will be set where the applicant will be paid. If he does not provide any payment options, he or she is automatically be paid through the Post office.
In that case, an SMS alert will be sent to the applicants as to the day for the collection. This is the reason why SASSA is encouraging all to have a bank account before applying for grant for a smooth transfer of funds.
When entering the data, please make sure that you you enter the characters of your name and ID numbers exactly as they appear on the documents. Failure to do so will result in a decline for identity verification failed status.
Update : Applications are still ongoing and those who wish to apply can still do so, just that payments will start from the month of application to March 2022