SASSA has recently launched a new online platform to help some categories of grants recipients to be able to apply for grants online.
Apart from its convenience, it helps SASSA to help manage overcrowding at their various offices across the country.
It has to be noted that, this process is solely online and the applicant must do everything online.
The following categories of grants can be registered online for the mean time :
- CHILD SUPPORT GRANT
- Older Persons/ Pension Grant
- Foster Child
The rest of the grants have to be applied manually at the various offices because of the nature of the grant. We hope in time, SASSA will extend the process to the other grants either partial or otherwise.
How To Apply for SASSA Grant Online
- Visit the website : services.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the electronic form pop-up.
- The form has the following fields :
- ID type
- ID Number
- Full Name
- Cell phone number
- Password (choose a suitable characters that you can always remember)
- After entering all these data, click on save.
- Go back to homepage and click on login.
- Enter the email address and password used to register.
- To apply for a grant, click on “Apply for a Grant”
- Select your preferred category of grant you want to apply (Older Persons, Child Support and Foster Child Grant)
- Fill in all the requirements and upload necessary documents and submit.
Make sure your internet reception is good and use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers.
If after submission you have not heard from them for sometime, you can call them to check your status for you on 0800601011 toll free number.