For many applicants of the SASSA SRD R350 grant application who chose to use the post office for collection here is what you need to do.
It has to be noted that even if one does not choose any payment option during application, the post office becomes the default pay point because of the partnership between SASSA and the post office.
Even recently, SASSA has indicated that those earlier opted for cash send or ewallet payments option have to provide bank account or else post office becomes the only way out.
In order to collect r350 grant from the Post Office, you have to consider the following:
- You are approved with pay dates
- You have your ID documents or smart ID card
- You know the date of payments base on the last three digits of your ID number. Depending on the month, Post office gives payment dates for the ensuing month which is accessible here for the month of November 2021.
- Go to your nearest post office and sometimes make sure the post office have funds before going there. Some applicants have been turned away for lack of funds.
- After payment is received, insist that you are given a receipt for the payment and keep it for later reference.
- You can as well as contact the post office on this toll free number 0800535455 to ask if there is any grants available for you before even goin to the post office.
- SASSA Announces Payment Dates for August 2023 SRD R350 Grant
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: ASSET Management 2023
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND SUPPLY CHAIN Management 2023
- SRD SASSA GOV ZA BANKING DETAILS TYMEBANK AUGUST 2023
- SRD Approved But No Pay Dates July 2023
Note that you can no longer collect your grant from the Post Office but rather from the Retail stores
You only have to take your ID number and the cellphone number used and approach any nearest Retail store such as ShopRite, Pick & Pay, Boxer etc.