By default the SASSA SRD R350 grant payment option is the post office using the applicant’s ID or opt fir post Bank Virtual card which is currently free and can be used at some selected ATM locations and Post Offices for withdrawal.
January 2023 Updates
As SASSA has encouraged applicants to use their personal preferred bank account payment options, applicants are to submit their bank account details when applying.
But in some cases, others forgot to to used their own bank accounts or may not have the bank account at all and may have created a new bank account and would therefore want to change payment option.
If indeed it has become necessary to change the default payment method or you simply wanna switch, then you have to follow these steps :
SASSA wants to make sure it is the applicant who is actually changing the bank account, there are security measures put in place:
- Click on the link https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the bottom section where is a label “How do I change my banking details”
- Enter your 13 digits ID number used to apply and click the submit button.
- SASSA will send you a a unique web link to the cell phone number used during the SRD R350 Grant Application.
- Click on the link received and wait until that web page is fully loaded.
- It will ask you a few queries on the banking details of your account such as
- Bank Name
- Bank type
- Account Number
- Then if you are satisfied with the entries after making sure you accurately entered the account details and click on submit.
- SASSA will give you a notification indicating successful submission of bank account details.
- Please note that this one too works with when you you want switch from bank account to post office or ewallet(Cash Send).
As a matter of fact SASSA has stressed the need for the bank account being used to have same details as the applicant. SASSA will verify the account before payment is issued.
NB: At the time of filing this report, the change of banking account was not activated. We will keep monitoring and let our readers know when there are any new developments. SASSA has assured applicants since they are currently processing December 2022 payments, they don’t want any delay any further 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠
Latest Updates on this story :
Today, Thursday SASSA has announced that applicants can go ahead and submit their bank account information for December 2022 payments.