SASSA SRD R350 applicants woke up to the news that they have been declined and what was the reason? UIF registered.
Among the criteria SASSA is using to approve applicants is the fact that the applicant must not be receiving uif funds nor qualify for UIF.
What that means is that even if you are currently not receiving uif, but you’re registered with UIF, you are not eligible for the SRD R350 Grant.
Thousands of applicants were declined on the basis that they are uif registered.
What is UIF REGISTERED?
Unemployment Insurance Fund also known as UIF is a form of insurance policy for some employees who meet their qualifications. It is a short term financial assistance to employees who have lost their jobs or become unemployed or unable to work due to for example illness, maternity or adoption leave. Dependants of a contributed worker who have passed away can also claim UIF.
They are paid in various forms or categories namely : Unemployment benefits, sickness benefits, maternity benefits, adoption benefits and death benefits.
But those who have been declined for UIF registered are also claiming they have not worked before and are unemployed.
So the question is how come such applicants have their names in the UIF registered database for which these applicants are not aware of.
Could it be that certain companies they may have worked for years back or part time have registered them under UIF without their knowledge?
If am declined for UIF registered, what can I do?
Every applicant who feels aggrieved that he or she is unduly declined for the SRD R350 Grant can request for reconsideration or appeal that
To do that follow these steps to apply for reconsideration or appeal decision.
- Go to the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the section for reconsideration and click on the button.
- A new page asking for the applicant’s ID number and the phone number used to apply.
- After entering the ID number and the phone that were used during application, click on send PIN.
- You will receive a Pin and enter the pin in the field provided.
- Select the month that you want to appeal, in this case August 2021.
- Decline will appear with reason, select the reason that applies to you directly for instance “uif registered” or “alternative income source Identified” etc.
- Next to the reason for the decline, there is a drop down list such as “Not uif registered” or “No alternative source of income” depending on which one corresponds to your reason for decline.
- So if your reason for the decline is “uif registered” then choose “Not uif registered” however, if your reason for the decline is “alternative source of income identified” then choose “no alternative source of income”
- After that submit your appeal or reconsideration application.
SASSA is required to review their decision to decline the application and reconsider it for the and if after after thorough investigation it may be approved or declined again.
Related Posts to UIF REGISTERED SRD R350 GRANT DECLINE
Recently, UIF has asked declined applicants to rather appeal the decision rather than visiting their offices for redress.