When you check your SASSA SRD R350 grant status do you see “referred” or “Meanstest”? In 2023 going, the following are what you need to do.
- Some of these terms started appearing after mass decline for the SRD R350 grants. According to SASSA, after some scrutiny in the submitted information from some of the applicants, it was revealed that some of them have other sources of income.
- But, per the criteria for one to qualify for the unemployment grant, the applicant must have no source of income or livelihood.
- SASSA, upon investigation into some applicants’ bank account, the account has been receiving cash regularly, but the problem here is whether if indeed the money is for the account holders themselves… Sounds funny, right? 😃😃😃
- If you checked your status and saw referred as the outcome, please it means your personal information submitted are given to a third party or agency to further investigate if indeed the applicant deserves the grant or not.
- If you are in that set, you will have to be patient, but if you’ve waited for too long without any changes, you can contact sassa to speed up the process.
- In most cases, such people are subsequently declined.
For those who have been declined earlier but after appeal, status changed to “Meanstest”, this is what sassa has to say.
Meanstest does not mean you are approved after the reconsideration but rather Sassa’s is suspicious of the applicants financial standings.
They then give sometime to see if the applicant’s bank account will continue receiving funds or not. If for a particular month, there was no money deposited into the account, sassa will then approve the applicant the proceeding month.
Below is the exact reason sassa gave when was contacted :
Means testing refers to a process where the income of an applicant (for whom the application was initially declined&upon reconsideration is still declined) will be tested. SASSA will thus consider whether there was an income into the account of the client during the month or not.
Should there be no income, the application will be approved and paid. However, should there be an income in the bank account, the application will remain declined.SASSA SRD R350
A piece of advise we can give is to make sure that no money passes through the bank account until you finish collecting your SRD R350 Grant.
It sounds funny and ridiculous though, why SASSA will assume such and denied people what is due them
Latest Updates December 2023
SASSA has asked applicants who have been referred to submit their concerns to this dedicated email address [email protected]
Look at the image below for further information
- SASSA Announces Payment Dates for August 2023 SRD R350 Grant
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: ASSET Management 2023
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND SUPPLY CHAIN Management 2023
- SRD SASSA GOV ZA BANKING DETAILS TYMEBANK AUGUST 2023
- SRD Approved But No Pay Dates July 2023