Are you one of the SRD R350 grant applicants who have been declined with referred status?
From late August to early September 2021, some applicants checking their grants status received a message for decline, and the reason for the decline was that they are referred.
To some, this was a new thing to their hearing and what does that suppose to mean.
In the course of time SASSA came out officially to explain the meaning why some applicants saw referred as the reason for the decline.
There are basically two types of the referred although you may still see referred on your status.
They are :
- referred_linked_risk_mobile: a fraudulent application has been received from this phone number.
- referred_safps : The client is registered as a perpetrator of fraud with South African Fraud Prevention Services.
From the above explanation given by SASSA in respect to referred status, it is either the phone number used to apply or the ID number of the applicant or both are involved in a fraudulent activities.
When that happens, the applicant in question will have to contact SASSA on 0800601011 toll free number immediately to know the exact reason and the necessary steps to be taken.
Sometimes, it is possible that the applicant may not be aware that his or her registered cell phone number has been for fraud.
It usually means your application has to be investigated for fraudulent activities.
You need to be in touch with sassa urgently otherwise your grant will not be paid and will continue to decline for the rest of the remaining months.
For any other reasons for the decline, you can always dispute it by submitting reconsideration application which is discussed in depth here.
Those in this category of declined status can take a closer look at the image below for further information regarding referred status for the SASSA SRD R350 grant
- SASSA Reconsideration Pending – Guide
- Reapplication for those Declined For Self Exclusionary Response Found Decline Status For SRD R350
- Approved Without Pay Dates SASSA SRD R350 Latest Updates
- SASSA Statement on Alternative Payments Option For SASSA Grants
- Why Status Still Declined After Appeal or Reconsideration SRD R350