To appeal your SRD R350 if declined for 2023, follow these instructions :
- Go to the web url https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals
- Scroll down the page until you see a button with green background with the inscription “click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status“. Click on the button.
- There are two text boxes namely ‘South African ID number of the applicant’ and ‘phone number used in submitting your application’
- Just enter the ID number and the phone number used to submit the application since April 2022.
- Click on the “Send Pin” button
- A six digit OTP code will be automatically sent to the phone number used. This is to make sure you are the original owner of the SASSA SRD account.
- Enter the pin received into the small text box and submit.
- Choose the month you intend to appeal, note that only the months that are declined can be appealed.
- Choose the reason for the appeal which usually must be opposite to reason for decline. For instance, if your decline reason is “Alternative Income Source Identified” then your appeal reason should be “No alternative income source” etc.
- And click on the submit.
- The Independent Tribunal which will will overlook this appeal process will take 60 to 90 days. If approved, they will instruct SASSA to pay you. So make sure your bank account details or your means of collecting the grant is intact.
- However, if you are declined, the decision is final. You cannot appeal again using the SRD appeal system 2022 provided.
- At this stage, the only way out is to file a case at the High Court for redress. But i wonder how many people will be interested to go into this for “mere” R350 considering the legal charges and human resources cost involved.
- Applicants who are declined are advised to immediately initiate the appeal without delay.
- Once again the Independent Tribunal advises that applicants should make sure their details submitted to SASSA are all correct from Names, ID number, phone numbers, bank account and their employment history.
- For those that want to check their appeal status can equally follow the instructions above to check their appeal application outcome.
It is officially announced that the SASSA SRD R350 Grant has been extended for one more year till March 2024.