Are you one of those SRD R350 grant applicants who wish to update your phone number that was used to submit the application?
Many applicants have found themselves in these situations because their phones numbers are no more on their possession or not accessible to them anymore for whatever reason.
Since the post office announced they are no longer available for the SASSA SRD R350 grant payments, applicants who chose to be paid through the merchants will require their phone numbers for pin verification before payments.
In view of this, every applicant who goes to the merchants for collection unlike the post office will need the phone number readily available.
Since most applicants no longer have these numbers, SASSA has made a provision available where such affected applicants can update or change their phone numbers using the official website of the ongoing SRD R350 grant https://srd.sassa.gov.za
How to Update Phone Number for SRD R350 Grant December 2023
- Log on to the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the section where the label has an inscription “How do I change my contact detail”
- Click on that link labeled as “click here to change your cellphone number and /or email address”
- When the web page is loaded fully, enter your ID number and the Application ID or AppId (which was sent to you when your application was submitted successfully as a confirmation)
- Click on the submit button.
You can as well update your email address or add new one as follows
- Enter email address if available (email must be active and functional)
- New mobile phone number (cell phone number)
- Click on the Submit button
- Select the reason for changing or updating the cell phone number.
- Enter the OTP code received on your new cellphone number…
- Click on the Submit button
What if you don’t have your Application ID (AppId) December 2023
In a situation where there is no Application ID, follow this approach to update contact details
- You need to know the old number that was used to submit the application.
- Head over to the place where you can check your application status
- Enter the previous phone number and your ID number.
- Your Application ID will show up for you to see and continue with the earlier instructions above to update your phone number.
- Remember you only need know the number that was earlier used to submit the application.
Cautions To Those Who Wish To Update or Change their phone number using the instructions above
- The instructions are to help SASSA to verify if indeed you are the original account holder to avoid any attempted fraud.
- The App ID is a six digit code that was issued during application or reapplication.
- Request for contact details update or change can be done once in 24 hours.
This is a new update to the article below for changing cell phone number in the SRD R350 Grant Application.