Are you a SASSA SRD R350 Grant applicant or recipient? Have you misplaced your cellphone number that was used to submit the application? You can no longer use the sim to manage or withdraw the money from the retail shops?
If you answer any of the questions above yes, then please read on to sew how you can change your SRD cellphone number online.
In the early days, SASSA made it very simple for applicants who so wish to change their cellphone number online to do so at ease. But because of scams and other fraudulent activities and several reports of cellphone number changes without consent of the main applicant, SASSA has now instituted a policy where applicants who wish to change phone number are to go through biometric identity verification before.
Due to this, one cannot just visit a site and change his or her phone number.
Follow these steps here to change SRD Cellphone Number Online
- Contact SASSA Hotline 0800601011
- Request for SRD cellphone number change
- Few questions are asked. If answered correctly.
- The two SMS messages will be sent to your new phone number which must be registered
- In the second SMS received, there is a link uniquely generated for your account.
- Click on the link received and follow the link to load fully.
- Enter the necessary details required and submit.
- A confirmation message indicating successful submission will be sent to you.
- You can then use the new cellphone number to check your SRD R350 application status
You are therefore encouraged not give your personal details to people or strangers to check your SRD R350 application status for you again.