Details of the special COVID-19 SRD grant extension for a year until March 2023: The Special R350 Covid-19 SRD Grant has been extended for a year until March 2023 as announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa.
Clients should take note of the following:
• Applications are still done online. Clients whose applications for the Special R350 Covid-19 SRD Grant were declined, can lodge a request for reconsideration for review of their applications on the SASSA COVID-19 portal: https://srd.sassa.gov.za or alternatively call 0800 60 10 11 (select option 3) for officials to lodge a reconsideration on their behalf.
• Declined applicants who already lodged reconsideration applications should continue to lodge reconsideration requests for each month they are declined.
• All clients who have been paid through the Post Office are encouraged to get bank accounts, and upload details on the system (https://srd.sassa.gov.za) for the money to be paid into their personal accounts upon approval. Note that all bank accounts are subject to bank verification. Ensure that all banking details are correct and the account is in the name of the applicant.
• For more information, contact SASSA on 0800 60 10 11 or alternatively send an enquiry to [email protected] or visit www.sassa.gov.za
• Clients who have been approved but not yet paid by end of January 2022, will still be paid through existing payment channels, namely the South African Post Office or direct deposits into personal bank accounts
Source : SASSA