Hello parents and guardians in the Gauteng Province of South Africa, the Department of Education welcomes you to this year’s GDE Admissions 2022 for Grade 1 and Grade 8.
The Department has made arrangements for the process to take off smoothly and even if you have challenges you can always contact for support.
We encourage parents and guardians to carefully examine the application process and know what information to provide in order to be considered.
This will help parents to be sure so that the outcome of the 2022 GDE admissions will be accepted without a grudge.
The department has done its best to consider all situations and circumstances and we advise parents or applicants to abide by them.
GDE Online Admissions 2022 Launched
The department, on 1st August 2021 launched the GDE online admissions 2022 in a colorful online ceremony.
This year’s admission is in two phases namely :
- Phase one – Grade 7 learners who are currently in public primary school applying for grade 8
- Phase two : Those who are applying for grade 1 and grade 8 but not currently in grade public school grade 7.
Application Dates for the Various Phases (GDE Admissions 2022)
As said above the 2022 GDE admissions application comes in two different phases. And below is the application dates starting with phase 1.
As noted, phase one is the application for the learners who are currently in grade 7 and in public primary school and will enrolling to grade 8 for the 2022 academic year.
Phase One Application Dates
- Application starts on the 10th of August 2021 at 08:00.
- Application for the phase two of the 2022 GDE admissions will end on the 3rd of September 2021 at 00H00
Phase Two Application Dates
- Application process starts on 13th September 2021 at 08H00.
- Application closes on the 8th October 2021 at 00H00.
GDE Online Admissions 2022 Applications Placement Period
After the complete of the application period, the placement process continues from here. Please find below the time period or date for the placement.
- PHASE ONE : 15th October to 30th November 2021.
- PHASE TWO : 15th November to 30th November 2021.
Note that in this period, parents or guardians will receive placement offers. Parents have to accept the placement offered to confirm the placement.
For the Phase two, parents will receive SMS regarding the outcome of the placement.
It has to be noted that, those who couldn’t get placement will be resolved or concluded by the middle of December 2021.
Placement Criteria for the GDE 2022 Online Admissions Application for Grade 1 and 8
Below is the criteria in order of priority for the placement of the 2022 GDE admissions application.
- Home address within the School’s feeder zone or enclave
- Sibling/Precious Schools
- Work address within school feeder zone
- Home address within 30 km radius
- Homes address outside 30 km radius.
The department acknowledges that not everyone will be able to apply feom the comfort of their homes or offices, they have therefore made arrangements at various walk-in locations or centres across the province. Parents or guardians can walk in for their online application or they will be assisted to apply.
Watch the video below for visual insights
Find below the various Walk-in earmarked for the application.
Prior to the start of the phase one application, verification process by the primary schools to update the bio data from the parents such as phone numbers, ID numbers etc from 2nd August to 6th August 2021.
Parents are advised to give a reliable cell phone number to receive important SMS notification throughout the application process.
Application Process GDE Admissions 2022
Once a parent confirms a reliable cell phone number to be used, an SMS notification will be sent to the applicants. The SMS will contain a link to start the 5 step application process.
Before the SMS containing the link is received, the telephone number have to confirmed first. Accordingly, any step of the five step application will be sent by SMS just for security reasons.
The Five Step Application Process for GDE admissions 2022
- Step 1: Verification of Parents or guardians details
- Step 2 : Verification home affairs.
- Step 3: Verification of Learner’s information
- Step 4: Apply to a maximum of 5 schools. Applicants have the choice to choose five different schools of their choice.
- Step 5: Uploading of needed documents within 7 days.
Documents Needed To apply For GDE Admissions 2022 Online Application for Grade 1 and Grade 8
Please find below the required documents to be submitted along the application. Parents are to make sure these documents are certified and uploaded online or submitted to the various schools within seven days of applying.
- Parents or child’s ID or passport.
- A Refugee Permit if applicable
- Asylum Seeker Permit if applicable.
- Permanent Resident Permit if applicable
- Study permit if applicable
- South African birth certificate
- Proof of home address.
- Proof of Work address
- Latest or recent school report
- Clinic or Vaccination Report (thus Immunization) (for grade 1 only)
For more information please visit the website https://education.gauteng.gov.za/Pages/index.aspx