Capitec bank is an ultra-modern banking services provider in South Africa. Capitec Bank does not in reality provide students loan to students.
But they have other forms of financial schemes that prospecting students can apply to access.
Other banks offer students loans, for example, ABSA Student loans, which offer loans to students for their tuition fees, accommodation, learning materials.
In those cases, someone may have to stand in (surety) to cover the loan in case of default.
Capitec Bank Loans Alternatives
Capitec Bank offers loans for students who are pursuing short-term courses. The student has the right to choose what to use the money for – fees, accommodation costs, etc.
Capitec offers credit loans of up to R250, 000 for a period of 84months. The cash is immediately available and comes with a retrenchment and death insurance cover.
Click here for full details of Capitec Term Loans
Requirements for Capitec Student Loans Alternatives
- Applicant must be at least 18 years
- Must have recently stamped banking statements and pay slip or pension letter.
- Must be currently employed or on pension.
- Must have been with your current employer for at least 2 months.
- Must be be receiving salary (not commission) into applicant’s account.
- Applicant’s must not be sequestered or placed under debt review or administration.
As it is true for any loan scheme, the ability to pay back on time to avoid paying extra should be of prime concern.