This is the procedure for those who are declined for Self Exclusionary Response Found status. The reason why those applicants were declined were that during the reapplication of the SASSA SRD R350 in April 2022, they chose some answers to the questions, which excluded them from getting the grant in 2023.
They are there given an opportunity to reapply for their applications to be reviewed, but PLEASE EVEN AFTER DOING THIS YOU NEED TO APPEAL FOR “SELF EXCLUSIONARY RESPONSE FOUND” OR YOU CAN APPEAL BEFORE REAPPLICATION.
The procedure given below by a courtesy of a lady who manages SASSA group on Facebook by Melanie
This guide is to assist you so you are not self excluded.
Please remember even if you fix the questionaire you need to APPEAL and if you have APPEALED you need to fix the questionaire.
Here are some questions that were sent to me in a mail by SASSA that definitley exclude you and how to answer as well as points I have picked up .
Question : If you were employed in the last 12 months, do you qualify to receive UIF benefits?
👉👉The answer to this is NO!
Most do not qualify because they resigned or just left or the 60 days you have to apply in has lapsed and the list goes on so anything UIF say NO
Question : Are you currently employed?
👉👉THe answer to this is NO! If you are employed you shouldn’t be applying for this grant.
Question : Do your receive financial support from family or friends of more than R350 per month?
👉👉 The answer to this is NO!
In another question it asks how much financial support you receive from family and friends. Be honest BUT MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE LESS THEN 350.
Question : How do you usually obtain your basic necessities on a monthly basis or where do you get money to support yourself if there is no R350 grant?
👉👉This is one of those trick questions so needs to be answered carefully please.
Your answers should be you had employment/ were seeking employment/ took out loans until you could find employment/ did temporary work or peace job’s-something like that.
YOU Don’t PUT YOUR PARENTS SUPPORT YOU/FAMILY SUPPORT YOU OR THE MONEY YOU RECEIVE FROM YOUR CHILD GRANT!
- If you have entered your parents ID numbers and are able to remove them Please do so!
- If you entered your spouse or life partner and YOU ARE NOT MARRIED LEGALLY (Marriage IS REGISTERED AT HOME AFFAIRS) not traditional marriage or living with someone remove it.
- If you receive A GRANT FOR A CHILD -❗DO NOT ADD THAT AMOUNT INTO ANYWHERE IT ASKS FOR HOW MUCH MONEY YOU RECEIVE A MONTH OR LIVE ON OR EARN! I suspect this is why so many caregivers were declined.
- How much money did you receive in the last month, including gifts, assistance from anyone, donations, dividends, earnings from formal or informal employment but excluding the R350 grant?
❗Your answer if you have received anything must be below R350!!
There are options that you click and I know the one is R1-R150 thatS the best one.
DO NOT ADD YOUR 350 GRANT YOU HAVE RECEIVED PREVIOUSLY ANYWHERE PLEASE.
- Question : Do you receive any other payments, stipend or other support from government organisations other then SASSA eg unemployment insurance, pension payments, student loan etc?
👉👉The answer to this is NO
Even if you get NSFAS answer NO. we are fighting for students declined on NSFAS but cannot fight if you exlude yourself.
Question : Which one of the following best describes what you are doing on a daily basis?
👉👉There are also choices here. The one I know off is “Unemployed and actively searching for a job” That is probably the best choice.
Question : Are you a Director or Shareholder of an active registered public or private business from which you earn an income of more then R350 Rand a month?
👉👉The answer to this is NO! If you are you should not be applying for this grant.
Question : Are you residing in a Government facility e.g. old age home correctional facility etc?
👉👉The answer is No!
This seems to be all the questions and I have updated it. I cannot see the drop down choices but those I have guided you on. do a question and answers post
Members just t to be clear this is to ASSIST those that dont understand the questions and NOT for those who know they dont qualify as they are receiving an income! If you receive a monthly income and know you shouldn’t be applying DON’T
Members please read and do it slowly and check before you submit .
- SASSA Announces Payment Dates for August 2023 SRD R350 Grant
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: ASSET Management 2023
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND SUPPLY CHAIN Management 2023
- SRD SASSA GOV ZA BANKING DETAILS TYMEBANK AUGUST 2023
- SRD Approved But No Pay Dates July 2023