This is fund covering full cost for students with disabilities in the various tertiary institutions across the country. The applicant must be eligible financially and academically.
To apply, the applicant can visit the official website of NSFAS or any nearest NYDA office.
- The applicant must be a person with disability.
- Must a South African citizen
- Annual household income should not be more than R600,000.
- Must be studying or intending to study at a public university
How To Apply
One can apply at the website of NSFAS or any nearest NYDA office with following supporting documents :
- Certified ID copy of the applicant.
- Certified copies of ID of parents /guardians.
- Proof of income (pay slip or appointment letter with payment information)
- Disability Annexure signed by a qualified doctor/Disability Unit/FAO / SSS official.
Read Also : How To Unlock NSFAS Wallet Using Mobile Phone
Items the Covers the Cost
The following items are the items the disability fund will take care upon approval.
- Full Payments of Tuition Fees
- Books and other learning materials capped at R6000 per annum.
- Meals capped at R20,000 per annum.
- Transport cost which is determined by the institution / university.
- Accommodation is pegged at the institution’s residential fee.
- N+3 (or up to N+4 appeal in exceptional cases)
Assistive Devices, Human /Other Support
- All funded applicants will have to be provided with laptop under the Assistive Device support system.
- Assistive Device allowance worth R50,000 once paid.
- Human / Other Support worth R50,000 per annum.
- Medical assessments R2000 paid once.